Test

For the runner, who's not a runner, but is trying to be a runner...

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Whole Foods Thanksgiving Samples

Ladies and gentlemen,

Last Friday, my wife and I went to whole foods to buy some ingredients for a small dinner party we were throwing. Much to my delight, it was Whole Foods Thanksgiving Sample day! DOUBLE RAINBOW, ALL THE WAY! What does this mean?

It means there is such thing as "free lunch." And I had it. Turkey with two kinds of gravy, delicious stuffing, creamed spinach, sweet potato puree, apple pie (there were more things to try, but I decided to be half hog instead of being a whole hog).

But it also means that the Turkey Trot 5k is right around the corner. So I figured I'd share my running schedule with you for the next week in anticipation of the race.

Wednesday: No run (practicum and class)
Thursday: Afternoon 3 miles
Friday: 6 miles
Saturday: 3 miles
Sunday morning: 3 miles
Monday: No run (practicum and class)
Tuesday: No run (class all day)
Wednesday: Morning 3 miles
Thursday: Race (5k)

I don't have a choice about the schedule...sadly when I'm in class, I'm in class. BUT I think this will work well because I'll have a chance to exhaust my legs, then rest them. And the Wednesday run next week is especially important so I'm not running the race on overly rested muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment