Test

For the runner, who's not a runner, but is trying to be a runner...

Monday, November 8, 2010

Long Runs, Future Posts, and New Shoes...OH MY

A couple of you seemed confused-- I did not run the marathon yesterday-- my entry is for the NYC 2011 Marathon. Road Runners (the NYC nonprofit that organizes the event) makes you run 9 races to get automatic entry into the FOLLOWING year's marathon. So I'm in, but not until 2011. When I run this thing-- you will know. Hopefully, you will be out there to watch.

That said, I did do my first long run in a while this past weekend. I ran 7.5 miles around Lexington (in giant figure eights). At this point, I think it's official that I'm slightly banged up: my right achilles tendon gets a bit tight when I'm running and I feel it on stairs. Historically, all of my longer term injuries start with that one, because I compensate with the rest of my legs. I'm not sure what caused the tightness, but I did do the math and realized I put 400 miles on these "new" shoes. That means, it's time to retire them. Shocking.

I've spoken to a few of you about this blog and what types of posts you enjoy reading most. I had a couple of requests for more discussion of "gear" and the process of going to buy new shoes. As a result, I'm going to incorporate pictures onto the blog for the first time and do a photo documentation of my coming trip to Marathon Sports. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to buy the same shoe again-- it really worked for me. But for the sake of entertainment, I'll let them give me a couple test drives.

For those of you who did run the NYC Marathon yesterday-- congratulations! I hope your recovery is smooth and quick.

T-365 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment