Test

For the runner, who's not a runner, but is trying to be a runner...

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Feaster Five, and Sean

The holiday was great-- ran 5 consecutive days, felt like I earned my meals. Let me catch you up:

On the morning of Thankgiving, my brother J, sister K, cousin H, Dad, and sister-in law J and I all did our best running marshmallow impressions. It was my 10th race of the calendar year; my first out of the empire state. Clearly when you do a holiday run, it changes the population that shows up-- a lot of "I'm not a runner, but I'm doing this for the fun of it (or because my family peer pressured me into it)..." Anyway-- in all NYRR races I have never finished in the top half. At the Feaster Five-- my 8:39 mile pace was good for 600th place...out of 9,000 people. And I won a PIE. That's right. For finishing in 600th place, I won an apple pie! Do you know what the guy who finished in 8,000th place got? A pie! Okay. We all got pie. Dang it.

Massholes, you sure do know how to make me feel like an athlete. And for that, I thank you.

Other family highlights: sister K beat her goal time by 1:30. That's SICK. And papa bear impressed us all by actually running-- and finishing-- in good time. Good show by all. Feaster Five-- love ya, see you next year.

In a couple of days...no pressure here Sean...Endorphus will have a second writer. I'm going to maintain writing roughly 2x per week, but I've invited my friend Sean, who is training for the Marine Corps marathon, to write as well. He's a jerk and he's really boring so you won't enjoy hearing from him. Just kidding-- Sean is more of a natural athlete than me-- but he's no Carl Lewis, either. He'll be adding his two cents on training and the every man experience.

Hope your Thanksgivings were wonderful. Stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment