Test

For the runner, who's not a runner, but is trying to be a runner...

Thursday, April 7, 2011

What has two thumbs...

And is embarrassed about not posting on this blog in over 2 months?

This guy.

But come on, I've got my excuses. Namely, the wife and I have twins coming in 12-16 more weeks, I'm finishing year one of school, working practicum 2-3 days a week, and I emptied the dishwasher yesterday! Okay-- I need to be better about writing. It's true.

You know-- when these twins arrive, I think running will become more important than ever. I had a couple readers email me about the time when kids first come home and needing a) to maintain a workout routine to stay healthy, and b) to find some minutes to myself. I think these are both good points. It's a blessing and curse that the official marathon training will start up in June, just before the kids arrive.

We'll see how this one goes.

Brief catch-up: I have kept up my running routine. Made it through a Boston winter without a gym. Avoiding the treadmill, I believe, was key to my avoiding injury this spring. It's been fun to watch the "spring" runners return to the track. I feel like the college student who just stayed up all night writing a paper, and now has a sense of pride about seeing the other students look tired in the dining hall. You don't know tired. I know tired.

Except I feel good! I'm a tiny bit worried that longer runs don't feel easy. I guess that is what training is all about.

Run run run, people. The water's warm, so dive in.

No comments:

Post a Comment