Test

For the runner, who's not a runner, but is trying to be a runner...

Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm in the marathon officially. My Schedule. My Anxiety. Wanna run with me?

Yesterday, I got an email from NYRR asking for full permission to post and access my facebook page. Huh? Why? Well, they want me to post "I'm in. To finish. NY Marathon, 2011." Well guess what guys! You don't need to access my whole page in order for me to say that! Protect your info peoples!

But seriously, I'm getting excited and nervous. For the last year, I've been on a schedule that has helped me to drop and keep off about 30 pounds, and it's almost time to shift it.  I need to eat better. I worry I'll bulk up again if I run less days and my metabolism slows down. Maybe I'm being silly. Maybe. Here's what I've been doing:

Monday: 3 miles
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 3 miles
Thursday: off
Friday: 3 miles
Saturday: off or 3 mile run
Sunday: 5-7 miles

Here's the new schedule:
Monday: short run (starts at 3, increases to 5 eventually)
Tuesday: short run (3)
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: short run (starts at 3, increases to 5 eventually)
Friday: Off
Saturday: Long Run
Sunday: Off

Finally, the long runs are going to be boring at times. I could use some company. It helps if you run slow-- I purposefully have to take it down a couple notches in order to prevent injury. Wanna run with me? 9:45 to 10:00 minute mile pace on Saturdays.

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment