Test

For the runner, who's not a runner, but is trying to be a runner...

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WTF, legs. Seriously, WTF.

I'm proud to say this blog has been mostly positive. But today, you'll have to pardon me. Cause I just ran and it sucked.

As I've been saying, my schedule has gotten tighter and tighter and so for the first time since July-- I went three days without a run. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. I was really planning on running Tuesday, but it was frickin cats and dogs out there, and I'm not running in a rain coat.

So, I confess, I built today's run up in my mind. This was going to be a five miler in good time, make my day kinda run. But 4 steps in, I knew it was wrong. What happened? It honestly felt like somebody strapped on those 10 lbs weight belts around each of my thighs.

My biggest accomplishment today is that I didn't stop and beg the fine people of Lexington, Massachusetts for a ride home. I made it, charlie horse legs and all. Somehow.

I'm really not sure what happened. My guess is I did too many stairs yesterday at school. Or maybe some trolls came out from under the bed last night and injected me with suck juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment