Test

For the runner, who's not a runner, but is trying to be a runner...

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The shoes. Gotta be the shoes.

SHOUT OUT! My brother and his lovely wife just had their first child. Do they make running shoes for 1 day olds?

Today, I ran 4.5 miles. It's my first run over 3.5 in a couple weeks, mostly because I've been running 6/7 days a week. Distance is in the back seat for the moment. But it felt good. This shift from running 3/4 days a week to 5/6 days a week has happened in the last 3 months. I have to say it's been an adjustment, but it's felt right. Part of this, I think, is due to the shoes from the Jack Rabbit Experience.

The brand of my shoes is Mizuno. I tried on some Brooks, New Balances, Saucony, etc-- all part of the experience of going to Jack Rabbit, but the ones that felt right on my arch and had me landing evenly were these Mizunos. They are ugly as ----. Have a look.

http://www.holabirdsports.com/m/Shoes/Running-Shoes/Mizuno/p1/Mizuno-Wave-Inspire-6-Men-Charcoal-Orange/044209.htm?utm_source=Google_Base&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=Mizuno%20Wave%20Inspire%206%20Men%20Charcoal%2FOrange&utm_campaign=Google_Base

So the description may be accurate. I'm not a shoe expert. But what I will say is this-- I've noticed that pre these shoes, my hamstrings were tight, my knees got sore on occasion, my feet would get hot, and I was having toe pain. ALL of these thing have been corrected.

I'd love to hear if anybody has tried those "toe" running shoes. The ones that are shaped like a foot? Please write if you've tried them.

No comments:

Post a Comment