Test

For the runner, who's not a runner, but is trying to be a runner...

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Singing in the Rain

Well, I'm all settled in in Boston. I'll make my first trek into Cambridge tomorrow, though school doesn't really start until Wednesday.

But I didn't let all the commotion stop me from getting my first two Boston runs in. Today there was a very pleasant drizzle which kept me cool-- thus the headline.

A couple of you have asked me how I track mileage when I'm not running a track I'm familiar with. Well, isn't google great for everything? Try out this site.

http://www.geodistance.com/?id=60797

I have entered my most recent run-- but you can put anything in there to track your distance. It's actually really gratifying to track how far you went, and can help you to be creative with future jogs.

Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. if you have a smartphone with GPS or some versions of the iPod there are a bunch applications that will track all sorts of running indicators--total mileage, pace, elevation change, actual route, etc. I use RunKeeper Lite (free) and it works great.

    ReplyDelete